VANCOUVER, BC, January 19, 2011 – Layer 7 Technologies, the leader in Gateways for service-oriented integration, cloud connectivity and Web-to-mobile information sharing, today announced record financial performance in 2010 with 248 percent top line growth marking the fourth consecutive year of over 200 percent average sales growth. The company increased its customer base by 178 percent across six continents, launched several award-winning cloud and Web API products for mobile and attracted several key hires from competitors, including IBM.
As enterprises, governments and service providers embrace mobile and cloud-based initiatives, they require new kinds of security and connectivity solutions to safely share information across security boundaries to mobile devices, cloud-based applications and external partners. Layer 7 Gateways for cloud, SOA and Web APIs make it easy for companies to share their data and applications across the internet.
“2010 was a banner year for Layer 7 in every way – growth, profitability and customers,” said Paul Rochester, CEO of Layer 7 Technologies. “We outpaced our nearest independent competitors, accelerated our market share gains against IBM in SOA and cloud appliances and attracted key people from competitors, including IBM. Our strong 2010 performance gave us the critical mass to deliver an even stronger 2011 and to pursue our product vision, including acquisitions in adjacent areas.”
Layer 7’s 2010 notable achievements include:
- Strong Financial Performance – 2010 topline grew to 248 percent of 2009, while profits tripled;
- Strong Customer Growth – Expanded customer base by 178 percent. Key wins included: Savvis, UNUM, Airline Reporting Corporation, USAA and other leading enterprises in financial services, insurance, health care, manufacturing and distribution, telecommunications, cloud service providers and public sector;
- Growth of Technology Ecosystem – Expanded list of technology partners to include HP, VMWare, F5, Thales and Solace Systems;
- New Product Innovation – Expanded product line into the cloud and API management arenas with CloudConnect, CloudProtect and CloudControl; continued SOA Gateway innovation with unique reporting, B2B and identity capabilities;
- New Security Certification – Continued to lead the Gateway market with new certifications, including being the first SOA Gateway to achieve Common Criteria ALC FLR2 EAL4+ certification;
- Third-Party Validation – Only cloud Gateway to be named an AlwaysOn OnDemand Top 100 Private Company in Cloud; only cloud Gateway in Sys-Con’s Top 250 Cloud Vendor List and only SOA vendor to be recognized by Stevie International Business Awards for product innovation;
- New Hires – Grew staff by 126 percent across sales, support and engineering and attracted key people, including the IBM business unit executive responsible for DataPower and Cast Iron.
About Layer 7 Technologies
Layer 7 Technologies helps organizations secure and govern integrations that span the Internet and cloud. Through its award-winning line of SecureSpan SOA Gateways and CloudSpan Cloud Brokers, Layer 7 gives enterprises the ability to control identity, data security, SLA and visibility requirements for sharing application data and functionality across organizational boundaries. With more than 100 customers spanning six continents, Layer 7 supports the most demanding commercial and government organizations. Layer 7 solutions are FIPS compliant, STIG vulnerability tested and have met Common Criteria EAL4+ security assurance.